28 February 2013

The Hierophant, a good day to pick up that one.

The Hierophant is a spiritual leader. The card is often even called 'the pope' so since pope Benedictus resigned today I thought this would be a good day to design this card. I really like this one a lot because I was able to break with some traditions but still very much kept the soul of the concept. The straight lines, like the way his robe hangs from his shoulder are also a strong sign of the feeling the card should give. There is a lot to tell about this card and it begs for it's own chapter but that's a challenge I will pick up when all the designs are finished. I also love how the Hierophant slightly resembles Aleister Crowley since he in many ways is the embodiment of the card.

the Hierophant

No comments:

Post a Comment