27 October 2010

Tarot Noobz, take this from me… I know stuff.

Since I’m asking everyone to do their best to make this blog into the best promotional money making campaign ever, when I’ve achieved filthy rich status I’ll let you know, I decided to let you in on some of the big secrets to becoming a successful tarot reader. Since we covered the best decks to start with earlier we can simply skip that lesson… feels good eh? Didn’t read it…? okay go back and read it now, I’ll wait. I’ll even make it easy for you, you don’t have to look it up, here’s the link: http://nltarot.blogspot.com/2010/10/what-tarot-deck-is-best-starter-decks.html . Yes I am that awesome.

Okay everyone up to speed? Today I will give you an exercise you can use to get a grasp on all those cards, committing 78 pictures with a four page meaning each to mind isn’t easy and those four pages are just the beginning of the complete meaning of those cards. I know exercise sounds like work but trust me this one is easy and can even be considered fun. An added bonus is that it makes you more aware of your surroundings and get the best out of your daily life.

Here it is:
Get a tarot deck and place it somewhere you pass at least once a day, preferably at the beginning of the day. Like near the door on your way to work, school or unemployment office. Everyday draw a single card from the pile, look up it’s meaning and place the card on the bottom of the pile (don’t shuffle we want this exercise to last a maximum of 78 days and keep you from drawing Death each day). Think carefully about the card’s meaning and how it applies to your daily life. Then for the rest of the day see if you can find parallels between the card and the world around you… get it? No, okay I’ll give you an example.

The daily card today is Death, Death has three main possible interpretations.

1 Actual Death or a specific ending.
2 The closing of a chapter and the beginning of a new one.
3 The great equalizer (not HiFi) pauper or prince, everyone faces the reaper he makes no exceptions, to him we are all equal.

So the day starts, I take my first cup of coffee… death, my morning has ended and the day has begun… I get on my bike and ride to work and see a billboard regarding a marriage fair… death, single life stops, married life begins… At work I hear about a company where, due to cutbacks they have had to fire people… death, yes this one seems obvious but did you catch the nr3 here? Legally when a company has to make cutbacks they have to be as fair as possible and cannot discriminate regarding age for instance. Very often the whole company gets “decimated” from work floor to management death seems to warn to keep an objective mind here. Continuing my day I watch the clock and see it is nearing half past four… death, the day has ended.

That last example is important because, though the skeleton on the horse ( in the Rider Waite, which you obviously bought on my advise, not the Robin Wood shown to the left ) may look scary and imposing, the end of something can be a relieve. An end to pain, an end to a heavy task and an end to poverty for instance are all good deaths. Keep in mind though that all this unicorn-carebear fluffy happy interpretations of major arcana number 13 doesn’t mean that the card can’t simply mean death, as in dying. Try to keep thinking “out of the box” though and see beyond the obvious patterns.

So there you have your exercise, have fun with it and you’ll see that pretty soon you’ll get a decent grasp on the meanings of the individual cards. Soon you too will be on your way to becoming a filthy rich tarot reader.

Too lazy to get going on the day to wealth, try your luck at the giveaway: http://nltarot.blogspot.com/2010/10/free-crowley-tarot-storage-box-and.html

No comments:

Post a Comment